Greece, which is also called the Hellenic Republic, is one of the sunniest places on Earth. People from the UK like to go to Greece the most, and the number of people going there has grown a lot in the last few decades.
Greece is a part of the Schengen area and lets people come to the country for work or travel. But if you want to go to Greece, you need a Greece Schengen area visa because Greece is part of the Schengen area.
In this piece, we’ll tell you everything you need to know to get a Schengen visa to Greece from the UK, including what you need and how to get it.
Who from the UK requires a visa to visit to Greece?
If you are a legal resident of the UK and have a full UK passport, you do not need a Greece visa. Also, a non-EU person who lives in the UK and wants to go to Greece needs a Schengen visa.
In recent years, fewer people from outside the EU need a visa to visit Europe. This is because of policies that make visas easier to get for people from outside the EU. If you live in the UK and are a citizen of another country, you need to apply for a Schengen visa to go to Greece.
Who can go to Greece without a Schengen visa?
To go to Greece, you will need a visa for a short stay. And if you are a citizen of any other Schengen zone country, and you fit into one of the following groups:
- You are from a developing country that has not yet reached a deal with Schengen members to get rid of visas.
- You are from a third-world country that has a visa-free deal with Schengen, but you were not allowed to go to Greece or any other Schengen country.
Greek visa requirements for citizens of the United Kingdom:
- You must be in possession of a current passport that hasn’t expired more than ten years ago. Two vacant pages must be present in your passport: one for the visa stamp and one for additional space.
- A current UK resident’s permit or other form of identification is required. Your passport must be endorsed on your UK residency permit.
- The visa application form must be completed online and printed twice. The application form must be thoroughly reviewed before being signed.
- One current passport-size photo must be kept.
- Additionally, you must provide a cover letter outlining your trip itinerary and your departure date from Greece.
- You must have documentation of your airline tickets and a detailed itinerary for your trip to Greece.
- You must have documentation of your hotel reservation in Greece or other rental agreement.
- You must have travel insurance that will protect you in the event of a breathing or medical emergency. It must include 30,000 euros for the entire Schengen region as well as Greece.
- a statement from your bank confirming that you have at least 50 euros or 40 pounds set aside for each person and each day spent in Greece.
Depending on the status of your job, you may also need some other papers, such as:
- Your current job status
- The last six months’ bank record is up to date.
- Your job contract
- Return on Income
For foreign students:
Proof that you signed up
The university gave them a “no objection certificate.”
For people who work for themselves:
Your Business license copy
The last six months’ bank statement
Getting a tax return
How to get a Greece visa from the United Kingdom:
Follow these steps to apply for a Greece visa from the United Kingdom:
- There are a lot of different kinds of Greece visas, and you need to figure out which short-term visa is best for your trip.
- To get a Greece visa from the UK, you need to go to the Consulate or Greece Embassy.
- You need to start the process of getting a Greece visa as soon as possible. You should apply for a Greece visa at least six months before you plan to travel there. If not, you need to apply for a Greece visa at least 20 working days before the date you want to travel.
- You need to keep all the papers you need to get a Greece visa if you live in the UK.
Then you’ll need to make a meeting with the Greek consulate or embassy in the UK. This meeting can be made in person, over the phone, or online.
- You have to go to the interview on the day it’s scheduled. You should get to the UK visa application center on time and not get lost. This interview is very important if you want to get a visa for Greece.
- Then you have to pay the fees for a Greece visa.
You have to wait until your Greece visa is ready.
Greece Schengen visa fees:
The following are the prices for a Greece Schengen visa:
- Adults have to pay 80 Euros for a Greece visa.
- A Greece visa costs 40 Euros for children ages 6 to 12.
- A Greece visa costs nothing for children ages 0 to 6.
- The cost of a Greece visa can change, though, depending on the applicant’s reason for going to Greece, their nationality, and a few other things.
In this piece, we’ve given you all the information you need to apply for a Greece visa from the UK. You should remember that if you are from a country that doesn’t require a visa, you can enter Greece and stay there for up to 90 days.
But if you want to stay longer, you’ll need to apply for a Schengen visa. But if you don’t come from one of the countries that don’t need visas, you have to apply for a Schengen visa in the UK.