Brighton and Hove happen to be densely populated and there is huge pressure on Brighton parking spaces. Add to this the fact that over eight million tourists visit the city and the problem exacerbates. Finding a place to park in an already crowded parking lot can be quite a chore. You have to drive slowly, look right, look left and position your car carefully. A slight error and you either bump into the car in front, at the side or behind. No one is hurt but all the same, your car and the other car sustain scratches and dents.Possible Reasons for Accidents in Brighton Parking Lots.
- People are in a hurry. If you find a slot, you would have to maneuver your car very precisely to fit into the tiny space. You want to get it over with as fast as possible and in the process your car either rams the car in front or a car at the rear.
- People do not line up their cars properly. If you did not allow for this it is quite possible to bump into a misaligned car and sustain an accident.
- Most drivers think it is all right to carry on a conversation on a cell phone or smoke a cigarette or drive casually with one hand while parking. An assumption is that since one is driving slowly, there is no need to be extra careful. A momentary lapse in concentration and that is all it takes for an accident to occur in Brighton parking lots.
- Take a scenario where one driver is trying to exit and another one is trying to park. A slight misunderstanding in the narrow lanes and there you have it: an accident.
- You are trying to find a parking slot in front and unknown to you a car drives up. You reverse and hit the car behind you.
- It is generally understood that a driver in a lane that directly exits to a road has the right of way but not all drivers are aware of this protocol and a driver in a feeder lane may rush in, leading to an accident.
- Another driving code is that drivers leaving a parking lot must wait for traffic on the main road to pass before pulling out. Not all drivers are considerate and simply drive straight in, sometimes causing an accident.
- It is obligatory for drivers to follow signs in Brighton parking lots but again, not all drivers care. Selfishness prevails and since no one is looking, they may drive as they choose and cause an accident.
- It happens all the time. One just cannot anticipate that driver or the others in the car will open the doors unexpectedly. They do, without looking right or left, and this leads to accidents. You need to be careful and be prepared to brake suddenly to avoid hitting the driver exiting the car or the car door.
- If there is a pavement, an obstruction or a post, it is quite easy for a driver to overlook these.
Given the tremendous increase in the number of cars without a proportionate increase in parking spaces, and that not all car drivers are considerate, accidents in Brighton parking lots such as London Road and Preston Park are common.