A gap year is usually when students choose to take a break from their studies to do something aside from studying, like work or travel for a year. It was started in the UK in the 1960s, with students traveling abroad to work or volunteer during the gap year. Moving from the UK to Canada or USA for adventure and valuable work experience was another approach by many students for self-growth. Many organizations were developed to help promote all the perks and opportunities available for students to experience life in a foreign region.
Gap Year Today
With competition for employment for young individuals and the increase of graduates without a job, a lot of students are now considering a year out. Gap year volunteering for students is an option to gain useful life experience, and work experience as well and allows one to get a better opportunity for employment in the future.
Volunteer projects include community development, teaching, and care work. These projects make a world of difference in lives and highlight that these projects can help aid some issues of the third world countries in health and education.
Here are the reasons why a gap year volunteering makes a real difference in your life:
- Enhance your CV: If you volunteer it all counts in your work experience for future career or employment.
- Teamwork: You will learn how to work as a team toward a common goal or vision.
- Make a Difference: Volunteer for work that enhances and saves lives for less fortunate people.
- Enhance your perspective in life: Improve your perception of other lifestyles, and cultures as well as your world knowledge of diverse countries.
- Learn a new language: Whether it is Swahili, Spanish, French or another non-English language, a gap year can expand your linguistics.
- Enhance your university applications: For learners deferring colleges or university for another school year, it can make them apart from the rest when applying to university in the coming years. Students that take a year abroad are more particular about their course choice at college, given the fact that they are has made a year out.
- Boost Confidence: Boost confidence and be more self-assured in the whole thing you do.
- Skills in Handling Resources: With this program, you will know how to manage your finance correctly.
- Fun: Meet new friends, explore the surroundings and have the best trip of your life. We personally recommend the northern Thailand road trip.
A gap year volunteering provides a considerable difference in your life, but to maximize your experience, you should obviously try to find the best company that offers the best gap year program. Tru Travel Experience qualifies for that and provides gap year plans that allow you to experience exciting adventures, amazing moments and personal development. Please visit the website to know if you are entitled to this program.