Canada being the second largest country after Russia is rich in its vast unblemished landscape of natural beauty with a mixed culture and heritage has become a major tourists’ destination. Millions of people visit Canada for business, work, study, and tour. For tour purpose, one needs to have a visa to visit Canada.
What are the Requirements to get a Tourist Visa to Visit Canada?
The basic requirements for obtaining a tourist visa for visiting Canada are:
- You should have a valid passport.
- Your health should be in sound condition.
- You should have a good moral character.
- You have to convince the immigration officer that on completion of the scheduled tour program, you will return to your home country. Not only that you have to convince the officer that you will leave Canada before the expiry of the tourist visa.
- You will have to prove that you have sufficient fund to support yourself in Canada during the entire period of stay or you have family, friend, or relative for staying in Canada.
- You have to convince the immigration officer that you have no intention to undertake any employment during your stay in Canada.
- You should have no criminal record.
- You will not pose any security threat and abide by the laws of Canada.
- You may also require:—
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) based on your citizenship.
- Medical test and
- Letter of Invitation.
Following Process has to be Followed while Applying for Tourist Visa
Step 1: Choose the Application Process
You can apply for Canada immigration visitor visa in two ways:–
- Apply Online — You should have a credit card, a scanner or camera so that supporting documents can be copied and uploaded electronically. For filling an online application, you should go to the website and proceed according to the instructions given there.
- Apply Offline — First, download the tourist visa application form along with the necessary checklist and follow the next steps mentioned below.
Step 2: Fill in the Tourist Visa Application Form
Read the form fill-up instructions and fill the form carefully without leaving any field otherwise your application will be liable for cancellation. Attach all the pertinent documents as prescribed in the instructions.
Step 3: Pay the Requisite Fees
Go to the website, check the bank details, prepare the requisite amount of draft and pay the fees for the tourist visa.
Step 4: Contact the Local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC)
Contact with your nearest CVAC along with your passport, recent photographs, duly filled forms, and all necessary documents according to the checklist with CIC fees draft
Step 5: Submit your Application
At your nearest CVAC submit the duly filled application for the tourist visa and pay the service charges. You will get a receipt that contains a unique tracking number to help you to track the progress of your application online. At the CVAC office, you will be asked to give your biometrics.
Step 6: Track your Application Online
By using the unique tracking number, you can easily track the latest position of your application and finally be informed for Letter of Invitation.