When travelling, you want the best deals. Flights, hotels and excursions are already expensive enough without being pulled into exciting options that don’t give the best value for money. Before you start booking anything, you need to do your research. Here are some top tips to find the best deals for your holiday, no matter where you want to go.
- Research the tour operators: When organising a holiday, you want to know the companies that areoperating it, whether it is the air company, the hotel chain or even the single operators when you get to your destination. The best way to make sure a deal is worth your money is to find out more about the companies and make sure they offer everything promised. Find out if the company has been through any bad press lately or what other customers have to say about them.
- Trust your gut: If something sounds too good to be true, then it usually is. Always trust your gut and click away if you think someone is trying to fleece you out of your money. You can also do your research but you may find that very few shows up. No reviews are not a good thing – the great deals will always have genuine people recommending them.
- Talk to people you know: Talk to your friends and family members to see if they have been to your vacation spot. This is a great way to find out about the hidden stores and restaurants or the excursions that people rarely think about. You could also find out more about the places to stay and whether you really get the best value for money. The same applies to flights – people you know have bound to have flown with the different companies and can offer you their personal recommendations based on experience.
- Ask plenty of questions: There is nothing wrong with asking questions about the different excursions and options available. All websites should have a contact email or phone number – for time sensitive questions, use the phone number if possible. If there is no way of contacting the company then it is a bad sign and you probably won’t get the deal you expect.
- Check for any hidden costs: Don’t sign a contract without reading it in full. Many people give it a quick glance, expecting it to be like many others but this is where some of the hidden charges are. Make sure you check for these so you are aware of all the costs you will need to pay, including cancellation fees should the unthinkable happen.
Something may look like a great deal on the surface but that doesn’t mean it really is. Take a look at the details and do your research into the company. This will help you double-check that you really are getting the best deal for your cash. One great site for getting the best deals is BaliBargains.co.uk.
This guest post was written by Swann Chris, a travel expert. He has written about many companies and helps people find the best deal for their holidays. Check out BaliBargains.co.uk for some of the best deals for your Bali travel.